Your smile is an important aspect of your personhood. In fact, studies have shown that it is one of the first things we notice about each other and has the ability to negatively or positively impact our relationships, professional career, and emotional well-being. If you avoid smiling due to dental staining, crooked teeth, or other aesthetic concerns, at Brian E. Woodard DDS we offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry treatments designed to improve the look of your smile and help you smile confidently.
Dr. Woodard and Dr. Kryszan are passionate about ongoing education in order to provide our patients with the latest tools and techniques available. If you are interested in learning more about the cosmetic dentistry treatments we provide, contact our Grove City, OH office today online or by calling (614) 875-9500.
Who is a Good Candidate?
You may be a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry if you have healthy teeth and gums with no signs of tooth decay or gum disease, but struggling with smile imperfections and blemishes, such as:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Misaligned teeth or malocclusion (bite disorders)
- Excess gum tissue or uneven gum line
- Gummy smile
- Yellow, discolored, or stained teeth
- Disproportionate teeth
What Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments Do You Provide?
Below are the different cosmetic dentistry treatments we provide:
- Cosmetic Fillings: Although dental fillings can be considered both cosmetic and restorative, tooth-colored fillings are designed to repair a tooth affected with tooth decay without disrupting the aesthetics of your smile. Composite resin tinted to match the natural shade of your tooth is layered with precision over the affected tooth and hardened with a special UV light to restore the structural integrity of a tooth. This procedure can also be used to replaced unsightly metal fillings.
- Orthodontics: We provide a variety of orthodontic treatments, including traditional metal braces, lingual braces, and Invisalign® to help you achieve a straighter smile. Traditional braces and lingual braces are similar in function, but differ in placement. Whereas traditional braces are secured on the front surface of teeth, lingual brackets are placed on the backside of teeth as a more discreet option. If you are looking for a less invasive alternative to both traditional and lingual braces, Invisalign® uses clear aligner trays to subtly transform your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: This procedure uses thin, customized shells made from porcelain to cover the front surface of teeth with cosmetic blemishes, such as severely stained, crooked, worn, chipped, or gapped teeth. Each veneer is fabricated at our partner dental lab to match the shade and size of your natural teeth to reveal realistic results. Patients with a number of cosmetic concerns find this treatment beneficial because it provides in one treatment what is generally accomplished with teeth whitening, orthodontics, and dental bonding.
- Gum Contouring: If you struggle with a gummy smile or an uneven gum line, we can trim and remove the excess gum tissue to help you achieve a more symmetrical and balanced smile with gentle gum contouring techniques. This procedure is often combined with porcelain veneers to lengthen teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: For patients with mild to moderate extrinsic dental staining caused by the foods and beverages you consume and the natural aging process, we provide in-office teeth whitening. This procedure uses professional strength whitening gel in combination with LED light as a safer and more effective alternative to over-the-counter whitening pastes, kits, and mouthwashes. Patients can achieve a significantly brighter smile up to eight shades whiter with results than can last up to five years.
- Dental Bonding: If you are looking for a more affordable approach to porcelain veneers, we can use composite resin to conceal teeth that are chipped, gapped, stained, or mildly misaligned. The composite resin will be color-matched to blend with the natural shade of your smile to reveal lifelike results.
Schedule Your Consultation
To learn more about the cosmetic dentistry treatments we provide and how they can benefit you personally, contact our Grove City, OH office today online or by calling (614) 875-9500 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Woodard or Dr. Kryszan.